Sunday 18 October 2009

Akash Bhora Shurjo Taara


Amidst skies full of stars, a world full of life,

Have I found my abode.

My song awakes in wonder.

The vast surge of Endless Time

That ebbs and flows through all Creation

Ripples through the blood in my veins today.

My song awakes in wonder.


I have tread the soft grass on forest paths,

Delighting in the scent of woodland flowers,

I have seen the gifts of joy strewn all around.

My song awakes in wonder.

I have opened my eyes, aroused my senses,

Poured myself on the bosom of this world,

Ever amidst the known have I sought the Unknown.

My song awakes in wonder.





Click the button to play the song.
Translation and song are both mine. The photo is not, but click on it for the full impact.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anindya,

    Excellent job!!You could not have chosen better pictures to convey the feel.I imagine it must have been quite tough to translate the songs and keeping the rhythm alive. Although, as Bangla is our mother tongue, I am sure many would agree with me while I say that the splendour is best conveyed in Bangla.However, you have done justice to the songs and made them sound as beautiful and brilliant. Eagerly waiting for more :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anindya, I was searching for a translation of this song for a friend of mine who's not from Bengal. The one I found first is this - 'http://shuva-z.blogspot.in/2007/12/akash-bhora-surjo-tarauv.html' - and I wasn't quite satisfied with it. So I kept searching till I hit upon your blog. The essential simplicity of the sense of wonder, the feel of the vastness of creation, and the very of the beauty of the song - have been captured EXCELLENTLY in your translation. Seems you've discontinued this blog :-( - what a pity!

    ReplyDelete